We are looking for a passionate and experienced DOP with strong creative, technical and storytelling skills to join our team in Rovaniemi in Finnish Lapland. Depending on your ambitions and skillset, you would also be directing some of our projects.
Your work is divided into two main areas: creative teamwork and productions. The most important factors in this recruitment are the right kind of attitude, commitment for the job, curiosity for developing yourself and a capability to learn new things.
- Creative work (DOP & Directing & Writing) in film production
- Understanding and interpretation of our clients’ businesses
- Project planning and pre-production work with the crew
- Camera operating for our own drone setup
- Equipment excellence: keeping technical knowledge and maintenance of our in-house equipment up to date
- Working in co-operation with other members of the Flatlight Creative House team
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Having a passion for creating great images and to tell stories.
- At least 3-5 years work experience in creating and producing high quality work.
- Master level with current cameras from Red to Arri. Or attitude to learn them.
- Deep understanding of different settings and formats.
- Expert level in working with a broad range of filming accessories.
- Can adapt into different kind of filming styles according to the project.
- Good data/file management skills and advanced knowledge of Mac computers and storage systems.
- Experienced in understanding the importance of different kind of content, formats and channels and in finding the core of the content from scripts and presentations.
- You know what’s new and innovative in the industry.
- Fluent in speaking, writing and working in English. Finnish skills are a plus.
- Well organized in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Photography experience is a huge plus. Remember to send portfolio link!
- A full time job.
- A competitive salary.
- Great projects for our clients and for ourselves.
- An inspiring and motivating working environment and team in our HQ.
- An arctic, active and cultural home town surrounded by unique nature and all of its benefits.
WHO ARE WE?
We are an award-winning creative house that creates brands, stories and experiences for all senses. We work in the intersection where marketing & communications meet and embrace design & entertainment. We are based in Rovaniemi, Finland and work globally.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please include “DOP, Director POSITION” in the subject of the email.
When applying, please include:
1. Open application with replies to following questions:
- Why do you do this work ?
- What is your greatest achievement so far in your career ?
- What is your goal in your professional life ?
- What makes you the perfect match for this position ?
- Why do you want to join Flatlight ?
- What would be the first thing you do at Flatlight ?
3. Portfolio / demo reel (Remember only your best work!)
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.